It’s 2018 and a new year to create new and lasting memories. Sometimes its hard to move forward due to the constant need of looking back. The would have, should have, and could have’s, are meaningless and halt progress. I’m here to tell you that the ship has sailed. It’s time to move forward and to improve upon anything you weren’t able to in 2017!
It is imperative that you realize when something has gone away. Many times there is a feeling of “I’ve got time,” leaving many of us living a life of naivety. We may have time but how much of it, no one knows. Due to the unknown, we must appreciate all that we have. There are not always second chances granted to us. This is why on your first try, you must give it all you’ve got. When you do this, you will not live a life of regret or guilt. But if you go through life giving little to no effort, the expectation should be that which you’ve given. We want life to be fun, however; life is not always about having a good time. Life can be fun but, if all you experience is fun or a good time, you may want to check your pulse. You need both the sunshine and the rain to have a balanced life. The tough times although painful seem to make us better and more appreciative (if we allow them to!).
As we remember that the ship of 2017 has sailed away, let’s focus on 2018 and what we can do. Here are five things that may of be of value to you for 2018:
- Speak life (“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” ~ Proverbs 18:21)
- Apologize/Forgive/Pick your battles (Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?” “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!” ~Matthew 18:21-22).
- Be kind (“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” ~John 13:34)
- Pray/Meditate (“Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.” ~Mark 1:35)
- Food/Exercise/Rest (“Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.” ~1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
Life can only be lived one day at a time. Take each of these steps and try to implement them somehow in your daily lives. I guarantee the more of these things you do, the better you will feel about the ship sailing away.
Until next time ….. 🙂